22.3.12

Spring Pea and Herb Bruschetta

Spring Pea and Herb Bruschetta, page 119

I prepared this and served it as an appetizer at our St. Patrick's Day party. It was fresh and easy and paired just fine with green beverages. I had my camera ready and snapped these photos as I prepared the appetizer. 
blanch
pack
 blanch
 toast
 blend
share

Kitchen Action:
Lacking in Pantry:
I remembered my grocery list, so I had it all.
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes:
I added a little extra pesto. I did serve it as pictured above on toast, but I also wanted a GF version. I served it in a bowl and had rice crackers in a basket near. It could be used as a dip or a spread on the crackers.
What I'll try next time:
It would be pretty topped with fire roasted peppers around Christmas time.

How it scored:
'becca: 4
Jonathan: 3 
Friends: I don't know numbers. I had 2 pieces of the bruschetta topped bread at the end of the night and had to refill the bowl that was being used as a spread on rice crackers twice. I did hear that it was a nice spin on traditional tomato bruschetta and a great spring dish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment