18.3.12

Orzo-Stuffed Peppers

Orzo-Stuffed Peppers, page 219

I've not made stuffed peppers in months. Last time it involved ground venison and fennel and was not a hit with Elliott or Chas and Jonathan said that it would be OK if I didn't make them that way again. So polite, Jonathan, so polite. Knowing that I hoped this recipe would salvage the reputation of the stuffed pepper.

Right away I knew if I wanted to eat it I'd have to change the main ingredient, orzo. An easy and obvious choice, rice;  Arborio rice, the kind used for risotto. I served them with spinach & chicken sausage risotto.

The yogurt in the recipe was especially delicious, making the stuffing creamy and smooth. This recipe would be an excellent choice as a heavy appetizer for a dinner party. I made 4, one was left over. Can you guess who didn't eat theirs? I placed it in the fridge and reheated it the following day after a run. Yum.

As a dinner party addition or post workout meal, this recipe did what I hoped it would do. Consider the stuffed pepper back on the menu at the Nimrods.

Kitchen Action:
Lacking in Pantry:
Orzo, regular yogurt
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes:
Arborio rice for Orzo
Greek yogurt for regular yogurt
Mozzarella on the inside and Parmesan on the top
What I'll try next time:
Perfect the way it was. I'll keep it the same.

How it scored:
Jonathan: 4
Elliott: 3
Chas: 1
'becca: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment