12.3.12

Sleepover Food: Pizza

Pizza Dough, Page 275

On weekends we often have extra boys in our home, which I love. Sometimes we swap and I'll take the bigs while another mom takes the littles or the other way around. Friday night I had the littles. When we host a sleepover many things have become routine: Dance Parties, complete with a disco ball and glow sticks; a trip to the grocery for treats & a Redbox (and make you own pizza.

The boys checked out the recipes for pizza in The Feed Zone, but decided that they'd rather not have potatoes or eggs. They stuck to the basics: red sauce, cheese and pepperoni. The crust we made was from the book. I'm always trying new pizza crust recipes, because I never seem to write down the one I find online when it's time to make the crust. No more looking...I've found it! (And it's typed and bound and in my new favorite cookbook.)




Kitchen Action:
Lacking in Pantry:
Notta thing.
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes:
I used 2/3 white flour and 1/3 wheat flour.
I mixed it with a dough hook in a KitchenAid stand mixer and it worked great.
What I'll try next time:
I'd like to add in some fresh herbs.

How it scored:
Both boys gave it a 5
I gave it a 5 for ease & also how well it reheated. I used wheat flours, but I'm sure it's delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment