16.3.12

Cinnamon Almond Pancakes

Cinnamon Almond Pancakes, page 75

We seem to be on a bit of a pancake kick in our home, so why not keep going. There are four pancake recipes in The Feed Zone, we have shared our experience with Rice & Banana, Buttermilk and today, Cinnamon Almond. 

Elliott and Chas were celebrating Spring Break by sleeping until almost 7, but breakfast was ready a little after 6. That made Jonathan, as he referred to himself, the official taster. 

These turned out pretty and pretty food to start the day is always a bonus? Agree? Remember, Jonathan likes color on his plate, so along with the pancakes I served him mango & strawberries and a side of steel cut oats topped with dried cranberries. I had pancakes and black coffee and ate a few strawberries as I washed and sliced them for his plate. So much of my eating takes place standing in the kitchen. 

As with the rice pancakes, I am hoping these will work well as a post workout, GF snack. I'll know for sure this afternoon. I already have plans to have some in the car waiting for me to eat after 800 m repeats in zone 5. Taper, do you hear me? Are you near?

Kitchen Action:
Lacking in Pantry:
Almond Flour
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes:
I didn't have almond flour, but almond meal. I thought they were probably very similar, so I googled. A little right and a little wrong, but it worked. Out of the 3 milks in our fridge, none of them from a cow, I chose Flax and I used honey. I also added in a sprinkle of my most favorite baking spices, Tropical Heat Mixed Baking Spices. If you are headed to East Africa and want to bring me a gift, please, I'm on my last container.
What I'll try next time:
I'll keep it the same. Delicious!

How it scored:
Jonathan: 4
'becca: 4, but may switch to a 5 after I try them this afternoon

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and as in years past I am sure we will be visited by the leprechauns. I'll start the day with an early 60 mile ride, followed by Triple Threat Racing practice and a parents meeting. I get to visit with parents about finding a few more sponsors, as well as the upcoming season. Want to be a sponsor of one of the newest USAT youth and juniors high performance teams? 

Then the real fun begins! My girl friends are coming over for a GDI, Girls Day In. We plan to cook and laugh and eat and probably drink green bubbly drinks. After we have finished making dinner, Ground Turkey Shepherd's Pie, page 246 is on the menu, we will be joined by our husbands and kids. Having a home full of people we enjoy and care about -- it's what this life I've been given is all about. Do you plan to celebrate? How? Will you be cooking from The Feed Zone?

No comments:

Post a Comment