10.3.12

Chocolate Bread Pudding


Chocolate Bread Pudding, page 260

I had 2 overly ripe bananas in a basket on the counter and planned to bake banana bread for the boys to have as an after school snack. Instead I had this warm and waiting for them when they walked in the door. It looked  and smelled delicious and I am sure it was. How could you go wrong with bread, chocolate and bananas?

Both boys were a little hesitant when I spooned it into bowls, so I added a scoop of ice cream, but that still didn't do the trick. They both questioned the bread part of the pudding. They were not fans.

I think Jonathan would have enjoyed it. I save some for him to try when he returns from a week away. It is not overly sweet, but just enough to satisfy. All speculation, as it's a FG (FullaGluten) recipe, which is a no go for me.

Kitchen Action:
Lacking in Pantry:
I had everything to make this dessert in my pantry, freezer and fridge.
Additions & Subtractions or method changes:
I used a loaf of Italian bread.
I warmed the almond milk a bit so it didn't make the chocolate stiff when added together.
What I'll try next time:
I will make it without the bananas. Both boys said the flavor of banana was overpowering and they wished it has just been chocolate. I will wait a few weeks and try it again, sans ba-naa-naa.

We decided to share part of it with our friends next door. Chas, Elliott and DandyDog walked it over, returning with Popsicle in hand. A fair trade? I believe they thought so.

How it scored:
Chas: 1
Elliott: 1

I am extra thankful for Saturdays, as it is my training day off. I only have 3 more weeks until I head south for my first 70.3. My race plan is almost finished and today I will write 7 paragraphs, as if the race was over. I feel physically prepared, but mentally I need some more training. The mind is powerful and I need it on my side:
                       Dear Mind,
                               Let's be friends. Let's work together Sound good?
                                                                                              Love,
                                                                                                   'becca
Are you training for a race? How do you prepare mentally? I would really love to hear your techniques & tips, so please share. Have a great weekend. I'm headed to sit on the side of the track, sip coffee and watch my kids train.

No comments:

Post a Comment