9.4.12

Pork Loin with Chutney


Pork Loin with Chutney, page 243

I had great intentions of firing up the grill and making these outside, but I was unable to find the starter for the charcoal. It's Green Egg season and I must find it this week. Even though I had the hood fan on high, preparing these on a large griddle inside made the kitchen smell a bit, OK, much like a bar-b-q.

I prepared half of them with the chutney and the other half without the chutney, but extra rub and brown sugar. I also placed them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350, ensuring they were cooked through and let the house air out before the Nimrod fellas got home from soccer practice.

Kitchen Action
Lacking in Pantry:
Peach Chutney
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes:
Homemade Plum Chutney for Peach Chutney, extra thick pork chops for tenderloin
What I'll try next time:
Although they were delicious cooked inside, there is nothing like the grill. I'll make sure I find the charcoal starter.

How it Scored:
Jonathan: 4
Elliott: 4 and said it was delicious in his lunch the following day
Chas: 3
'becca: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment