16.4.12

Honey Ginger Chicken Wraps

Honey Ginger Chicken Wraps, page 136
delicious, easy, quick dinner at the end of a long day

I picked up a large package of chicken breasts early in the week. I boiled them, shredded most of it, placing it in the refrigerator to use during the week. This works well, especially for nights then my time is limited due to school and practice. It's on nights like this, when it would be so much easier* to drive through, grab a burger and call it dinner, having the chicken and an easy recipe such as this helps. Oh and with the addition of a rice cooker to my life, a quick, healthy, dinner can be "easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy" as my friend Chandi says.

I served this warm, inside tortillas & with a squirt of chili sauce for dinner. There was enough left over to send in Elliott & Jonathan's lunches the following day and for me to enjoy chilled later in the week.

Kitchen Action
Lacking in Pantry:
Ingredients = All Present
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes:
I used chopped spinach and for mine I used corn tortilla, but for the fellas in my family I used wheat.
What I'll try next time:
The picture in the book shows fresh spouts in the wrap and that sounds great. I'd like to try that inside. I'd also like to grill or bake the chicken. When boiling the chicken as I did, the risk of it tasting dry higher than if baked or grilled. If you have the time to bake or grill chicken, do.
How it Scored:
Jonathan, lover of ginger: 4.5
Elliott: 3.5
Chas: 2.5, after I picked out the spinach.
'becca: 4.5 (also ate it later in the week as an after workout snack, sans tortilla & with a fork)

*Don't think for a moment that I don't choose this option...I do. Not so often, but it happens. I do not want to appear as something I am not. I try my best to cook breakfast, pack lunches and make dinner for my family, but weeks when Jonathan travels M-F and my time is stretched as far as it can be, our fall back meal: quesadilla and the occasional burger and fries. The positive to the burger and fries, is obviously the ease, but also how my boys have begun to recognize how this kind of food makes them feel. Bleh.

No comments:

Post a Comment