15.5.12

Wine and Soy Mushrooms

Wine and Soy Mushrooms, page 193

Elliott and I both love mushrooms, Jonathan tolerates them and Chas, bless his taste buds, avoids them. Always. I knew that if I served this as the main dish 2 of the 4 around the table would need an alternative, so I served it as a side. Because it was served as a side, I eliminated the bread which the recipe calls for the mushrooms to be served over.

I allowed these to simmer for much longer than the 8 - 10 minutes suggested, adding a splash of wine here and there when the pan began to look a bit dry. It seems to be the way I work in the kitchen; a little more wine is usually not a bad idea.


Kitchen Action
Lacking in Pantry: Nothing
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes: No bread, extra wine, GF tamari for soy sauce, chives instead of parsley and chicken stock because that was what I had on hand.
What I'll try next time: I think these would be delicious with a red wine sauce too.
How it Scored:
Jonathan: 3
Elliott: 4
'becca: 5
Chas: Well that night for dinner his plate looked like this:
Beef hot dogs and his favorite, Cabot extra sharp white cheddar. He did not like what we were having, so he fixed his own dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment