1.6.12

Quinoa and Vegetable hash with Eggs

Quinoa and Vegetable hash with Eggs, page 64

I followed this recipe...almost. I didn't measure the olive oil exactly. Who does? And maybe I used a little more than 2 cups of sweet potatoes. I like 'em. BUT, the rest of it I followed. I lied. I didn't measure the parsley either. 
 It took me longer than 10 minutes to prepare this, because I didn't have pre-cooked sweet potatoes. I peeled, cubed and cooked them in the morning as I was making the dish. Taking longer in the kitchen, simply meant I had more time for coffee. Speaking of coffee, check THIS out. Cool? I'm pretty pumped about it and can't wait to have some in my possession tonight.
 Once the potatoes and onions were finished, I mixed in the remaining ingredients and finally the quinoa. As it finished cooking, I cooked the eggs in a separate pan. I served it to Jonathan and the boys. Jonathan said it was "an African" breakfast. One you could eat, then go work all day, knowing you would have dinner when you returned. It's a meal which will carry you though the entire day. Quite a compliment, but I still sent him to work with a packed lunch.
Two mornings later, my time in the kitchen was limited, probably because I hit snooze, so I made left over quinoa & veg hash breakfast burritos. I left out the eggs. I just reheat the left overs, put it inside a wheat tortilla, warmed it on both sides and served them with a side of blackberries. Quick, easy and filling.

Kitchen Action
Lacking in Pantry: nothing
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes: I didn't switch any, but didn't measure either.
What I'll try next time: I'll keep it the same.
How it Scored:
Jonathan: 5
Elliott: 3.5
Chas: turned up his nose
'becca: 4.5, I also ate it after a bike ride one day chilled and it was yummy then too.

No comments:

Post a Comment