4.6.12

Biju's Oatmeal


Biju's Oatmeal, page 34

In our family oatmeal has been an acquired taste. Jonathan only eats old fashioned made on the stove top and not sweet, the boys like instant oatmeal from the packet, maple brown sugar only and as much as I like them, they do not like my belly, therefore I fix, they eat.
Knowing this recipe has both  brown sugar and molasses, I've hesitated fixing it for Jonathan as part of his breakfast. I didn't use the full amount of sweetness, which isn't much, but I did add a little. I'd say, about half.
I measured the raisins exactly...'becca style, by a handful, but was out of bananas. I topped it with almonds, dried cherries and a few more raisins, then served it. Jonathan enjoyed it and said it wasn't too sweet, but he still prefers the way I've fixed them for years. The boys had egg, bacon and bagel sandwiches that morning, not in the mood for oats.

Kitchen Action
Lacking in Pantry: banana
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes: half the amount of brown sugar & molasses, added dried cherries, almonds and raisins to the top
What I'll try next time: leave out the sweets, making it the same way I have for years.
How it Scored:
Jonathan: 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment