5.6.12

Tuna and Broccoli with Noodles


Tuna and Broccoli with Noodles, page 148

This was a quick dinner and is easy to throw together if you are in a time crunch. I believe it would take a bit longer if ahi were used, instead of canned. Unfortunately I did not have ahi and the grocery did not have it available when I stopped to pick up broccoli. I chose a 12 oz can of solid albacore, not chunk tuna. This provided the dish with large sections of the fish. 

Although the egg noodles in the picture on page 149 looked delicious, I used rice noodles, making it GF. Many times I will fix two different sets of noodles, but my boys no longer seem to notice the difference, making dinner a little easier and also less dishes to clean. 

This was a filling dinner which we enjoyed, not around the table, but on the deck. That seems to happen more and more as the days grow longer. 

Kitchen Action
Lacking in Pantry: Ahi steaks
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes: Extra onion, garlic and broccoli and a splash of apple cider vinegar, because I cooked the onions a little too long.
What I'll try next time: I'd like to try it with ahi
How it Scored:
Elliott: 4.5
Chas: 3
Jonathan: 4
'becca: 4.5


Has TFZ hit your community - triathlon, cycling, running? It certainly has here and I'm excited to begin sharing from some kitchens in the area. Here's a sneak peek...

The Feed Zone hits Northwest Arkansas
from the kitchen of my FF

It's a beautiful day in the Ozarks. Coffee has been drunk and breakfast eaten, boys off to school and my husband is at the office. I'm off to spend most of the day out of doors. Trails with DandyDog, hills to bike, track workout to run and flowers to plant before I head back to the kitchen. Happy Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment