29.8.12

Bread Salad

Bread Salad, page 147



 <----  from this to this  ------>

make it crunchy


add in halved grape tomatoes, sliced orange and yellow peppers, shredded spinach



sprinkle with some of this and a little of that...
...and call it a bread salad.

Kitchen Action

Lacking in Pantry: nothing
Additions, Subtractions or Method Changes: I used a whole grain bread and classic french bread, tore it instead of slicing into cubes. {I most always break or tear bread, instead of using a knife.} I tried to caramelize onions, but I cooked them just a little too long and they turned out to be a sticky mess. I scrapped it. I totally forgot the grated Parmesan until about 30 seconds ago when I reread the recipe as I wrote.
What I'll try next time: Remember the cheese.
How it Scored:
Jonathan: "It sure has lots of bread." "It's suppose to, silly. It's a 'bread' salad." "Oh, I see." 4
Elliott: 3
Chas: 4 for the bread. Only the pieces without balsamic and no veggies. The challenge continues friends!
Tim: I didn't get a number score, but he ate it (being polite or enjoying it...not sure.)
'becca: absolutely a FG* dish. I imagined it to be a 5, because if I could have, I'd have eaten the whole bowl.

*FullaGluten

No comments:

Post a Comment